Translate

Saturday 18 May 2013

'Together'.....my first layout as a Sketchbook365 DTer :0)

I am so excited to be sharing this layout with you today! I still can't quite believe that I am part of this amazing team....have you seen the work of the other DT members??? Incredible!!

I wanted to keep this layout monochromatic and was desperate to try out a technique I had seen Wilma do....stick any old thing down and cover it with Gesso!! Whilst hers is an abundance of texture I wanted mine to be simple. The best thing is you get to use all the grotty bits in your crafty stash :0)

the paper warps with all the Gesso but I don't mind that

see that beautiful metal love charm? My bonzer mate Lizzy made that for me...and she sent me the little silver star!! The papers are Echo Park's Park Bench....love 'em.

Silhouette arrows, glitter (whilst the paint was still wet) and Scraptastic Kit Club stamp

more Silhouette magic and Glitz Design letter stickers


So if you want to play (and I really hope you do!) check out this month's beauty of a sketch here.

Thanks for popping in today,

Ali x 

6 comments:

  1. You have no idea how PROUD I was seeing you up there, with a DT that you genuinely belong with!!! And LOOK what you did with that little embellie...it looks fabulous. I did 'wilma', too...but I can't show it til next month :(:( and as you can imagine, your minimalist interpretation turned rabid under my unminimalist hands!!!!!! LOL...I LOOOVE this. And I am definitely joining in...how could I not...those hands, the sentiment...that sun behind....the stars...sigh. Delicious:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh such a gorgeous layout. All those layers and the gentle feel to this layout is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Well done you! I love the effect you've got here and I shall be trying this out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your first layout as a DT member. And a beautiful one too. Love love love the use of white space. And all the small details you are awesome at adding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats such a stunning page Ali!!! Congrats again on the DT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it means so much. I read each and every one :0)