Translate

Wednesday 7 November 2012

'Shine On'

Yippee!! Another sketch is up at ScrapFriends :0)

I am so grateful to my bonzer mate Lizzy Hill (one of the DT) for introducing me to this site...it is the best!!

I'm not going to have many 12 x 12's in Project Wales so the ones that I am going to include are all coming from my own cobbled together kit. I love Studio Calico but I don't subscribe to their kits so I found papers and embellies that were similar to this month's kit. It will give the pages in this album a relaxed, cohesive look without having to pay staggering postage costs!!

There are soooo many photos of our beloved Basil (this holiday was for his benefit!)  this one was taken on the gloriously deserted Whiteford Beach.







papers are: Tim Holtz, Studio Calico, Pink Paislee and a smidge of Webster's Pages (yes, Lizzy you read right!) Ali Edwards stamp and brush converted to Silhouette file..easy peasy! Kaisercraft paint...my new fave. Die cut chipboard hearts using TH die. Washi tape from Etsy.

Here is the genius sketch that I just adore:



I interpreted the 'rip' by layering up a torn bit of calico.

Thanks for popping in today,

Ali x

10 comments:

  1. LOVE it...glad you find Scrap Friends inspiring...is it me, or does Basil look a fraction like our Wally? And another twist...we used to have a Basiil...got run over by a bus. Not joking. wasnt nice. Must do a page for him!!!! Nice to see some pp, my friend. Gorgeous colours, too:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful taxe on this sketch !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh how fun! I love the blue splatters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute and fun page, love how you used the sketch, simply gorge! Thanks for sharing it with us at Scrap Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really like your color combo!! beautiful take on the sketch! thanks for playing along with us at ScrapFriends!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! isn't he just the cutest ever, happy as a lark there on the beach! love the lime green snippet of paper with punched-out holes and the confetti from it that you've sprinkled on your page. The teal splatter is yummo! Beautiful take Ali! Hope your weekend is a good one darling! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fab. I love the colours, and the threads. And the punched bit of paper that's spilling dots! I'm a new follower now too. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful layout..just love the colours and texture you've used!.thanks so much for joining in at SF! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it means so much. I read each and every one :0)