Translate

Saturday 15 September 2012

CSI #36 'Toughnut'

......and another one!

Oh I am loving all this scrap time :0)

This time I am having a go at the latest CSI challenge, there was a time when I started on it the minute it was uploaded, these days I am hot footing it to get it done before time runs out!!

When I first saw the challenge I was a bit stumped, especially as this month there is an added element to use the OUAS sketch. Yes, their sketches are beautiful and I see people make spectacular things with them, but it is as far removed from my style as you can get! However, the purpose of a sketch and the Case File is to inspire you and that is just what this one did.......

Evidence: Colour palette and sketch used. Scattered journaling, Organic Shapes (circles), fibre, mesh (stamped)

artistic license with the washi but I needed a hinge for the photo and this was the closest I had to the colour palette! the banner is die cut PP Nantucket, circles are misted using diluted chalk ink and a Heidi Swapp mask. The tab is from OA 

Letters are Prima, the chipboard butterfly is Studio Calico, the mesh stamp is PP Screen Prints

I printed one of the Co-Ordinates papers and then journaled onto it. The photo flaps down so that you can read it.
Here is the case file if you would like to have a play:



give it a go, you won't regret it!!

Thanks for popping in,

Ali x 

2 comments:

  1. KWYM by your style so NOT OUA...S.....but you've done a superb job of adapting the sketch & I can still see the 'bones'....& that hinge works sooo well....it's a real treat, I imagine, watching the next G develop:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Ali, I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it means so much. I read each and every one :0)