Translate

Thursday 30 August 2012

A new discovery...yippee!!

So, I have finally succumbed to the principle of a kit club!! It makes economic sense, right?, she says, justifying the break in her promise to buy NO MORE!! OK so this is my thinking, I see things, I want things, I find a way to justify buying a whole collection just because I love one element of it and then it sits in my craft room and I don't (I mean, can't) use it......ridiculous!!

All of that is in the past as I have discovered Scraptastic Club, a brilliant place full of challenges, inspiration and wonderful kits. The postage is what swayed it for me...so many kit clubs charge the earth to ship to the UK :0(....but then I looked closely at the kit and thought hang on a minute, they are offering all that I love and instead of waiting for it to come here and buying the whole lot, I can have it now and use it!!

So whilst waiting for said new kits (yes that is plural...some things never change!) I decided to play along with a couple of the challenges...skin of my teeth, as they end tomorrow!!

First one:

Subway Art....hmmm, I have just re-read the rules and I haven't actually adhered to the challenge. More haste, less speed methinks, LOL!

Oh well, here is my take:

I saw this wedding subway art in the Silhouette shop for 50 cents and thought it would be cool to cut it and use it as a mask. The mist is Tattered Angels Chalk 'Apricot'

Papers are MME Sweet Caroline, the journal stamp is a really old one, the little heart was still stuck on my block from a recent layout (random!) from Basic Grey

Number stamp is Pink Paislee Daily Junque as is the arrow. The canvas letters are Prima

I inked the edges with a chalk ink, the word stamp is from MME Indie Chic
So onto the next one...fingers crossed this one is ok!!

A sketch and colour challenge:




and here is my take:

More MME, this time Follow Your Heart

A little bit of Glitz transparency, a Maya Road heart ribbon slider and a Basic Grey super old brad!!

Cut this on the good old Silhouette and then battered up the edges with my Crop A Dile. Tim Holtz butterfly and a Basic Grey brad

Prima resin flower and some tape ribbon that I got from Etsy
I love this photo - think it's my all time fave. My Mum had it in one of those old yucky albums with the lines of glue so I 'rescued' it!! She doesn't mind (or at least what the eye doesn't see......) I'm joking, I have asked, truly!!

Thanks for popping in, can't wait to show off my kit.

Ali x 

3 comments:

  1. Oh these are wonderful - I especially like the subtlety of the subway art on the first. Enjoy having all those goodies delivered right to your door - on schedule!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool...I love the subway art mask! :)

    P/s: I love the idea of a kit club but it's probably cheaper for me to visit a LSS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah the first one is totally groovy!! LOVE the subway art mask!! and the second one, precious beyond words. So sweet sweet sweet!
    Have tried a couple of kits clubs from the US but had to cancel as I got them after the new next month's kit had gone out to the US members. Costs a fortune too! I always shop at Scrapbook.com they get the stuff quicker than any other online store, reliable like rock and don't charge ridiculous postage. Even with the 10 days it takes to get the stuff, I have them earlier than any Swedish or most European stores do. Oh well shouldn't discourage you, fingers crossed you'll be happy with yours. Cheerio! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it means so much. I read each and every one :0)