Translate

Monday 25 June 2012

CSI #25 'Be Mine'

Hello

I can not believe CSI are at challenge #25!! Where has the time gone?? Loved this week's challenge as it is so different to the other June challenges. Cool blue, grey and green......lovely :0)



I very rarely scrap DH so with the testimony prompt being about a letter to the past and the colour palette being a perfect masculine layout, I pulled out a photo of him at 18. Now before you look and think I married a transgender person, you have to remember that this was the early 80's when boys looked like girls and his biggest influences were David Sylvian and David Bowie .....

            

LOL you will see what I mean now........


The blue looks more turquoise than it does in real life - you will have to take my word for the fact that it is the right shade!!

Wood effect paper from MME. The heart stamps are TPC Studio and the title has been cut on the Silhouette

I Versamarked through a mask and brushed Gold Perfect Pearls over it. The stamp is Pink Paislee, ink is Peeled Paint and the splatters are Shabby Shutters mixed with water and flicked :0)

one of the journaling prompts is to hide it behind a door (or gate in this case) I fastened it closed with a random little gold thing! The heart is a stamp from one of those 12 x 12 sets from Prima...years old and recovered from DD#1 who never crafts anymore!!

and just to prove it opens!!
One of the other fun things that we were encouraged to do in this challenge was to lift one of the DT's pages. This was so tricky as I really do have at least 5 main designers whose work I adore, but I chose Helena Virpi's case #16

16 - When You Say You Love Me

Beautiful huh???

Thanks so much for popping in today,

Ali x 

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Ali!! Love how you were so inspired by Helena!!! Fabulous layout!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! Just love the messy feel of the piece...totally artsy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. now there's one cool guy there. How I loved David and David! *sigh* you've taken me right back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ali, I just love your page!!! And I'm so happy I could inspire you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it means so much. I read each and every one :0)