Translate

Thursday 28 June 2012

CKC 'Forever'

Hello,

another layout to share......drumroll please......I have NOT used a white background!!! YAY!!

As much as I love white I did go through a bit of a kraft love a while ago - actually I still love it but my hand always goes to the black or white pile!! Anyhow, I was just about to clear my desk and throw all the bits away when I looked at them again and thought.......use them!

I was watching C & C and they had a Studio Calico kit on - I was just about to press the buy button on my laptop when I remembered....I can forge! More of that in a minute:0)

I have been in the loft retrieving old frames to paint for our lounge that has just been revamped (it's looking great!) and one of the old photos I removed was this one. It was one of my faves of DD#2 when she was about 2, mainly because it summed her up at the time. Always a little bit grubby and always doing random things, like sitting in her toy box with a handbag, a doll by her side and chewing a brick :0) She is still random, always has a handbag and doll has been substituted for nieces, but she is no longer boss-eyed, LOL!!!

OK, enough rambling and on to my layout:

the photo makes it look a lot brighter than it really is, but you get the idea :0) I have used the Picket Fence Distress Stain on TH Kraft resist paper.

forever was cut on the Silhouette

twine wrapped round a paper clip and tied in a bow 

the left overs of some die cutting and my Studio Calico forged journal card.......!!!
Thanks so much for popping in,

Ali x 

8 comments:

  1. oh yes! love this! what a super layout and the forged journalling card is perfect. I'll have to try that

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love so many things about this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the doodling and all the bits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooooo sweet! Love the darling photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic!!! I love this! The background is rockin' the colours you've used! Love the paperclip! Great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great change-up from the white, but still the same fun and interesting touches you are known for. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout!

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it means so much. I read each and every one :0)