Translate

Friday 16 March 2012

The Maxi Mini Album!

Hellooooo,

hooray it's Friday and I have spent the whole day crafting :0)

Today's offering has come as a result of living in the UK.....huh??? I hear you cry! OK, let me explain......

I love Heidi Swapp products, I see them, I want them....oh, I can't find them :0( HS in the UK is as rare as hen's teeth!! So, rather than wait an eternity, if at all, I decided that having fallen in love with the Memory Files I would have to cobble together something similar for DGD's 3rd birthday. Here is the result:

From this;



to (ta daaa) this!!!;

Yes, I know the papers are MME, everything had to be pink!!!

and the inside looks like this;


Get ready for a photo heavy post but I want to show you all the different elements that enabled me to fit 27 photos into what is less surface area than a double page spread!!!

Starting off with a little flip book - super simple! I scored down  one edge of each page and  stuck them together!


I put journalling spots on some of the reverse pages - others have more photos.

A similar thing to the flip book. Scored edges stuck onto the folder, but this time I  die cut different shapes to make it a bit more interesting.


I left this bit flat to the folder - I think it gives this particular photo more impact.

This is a little matchbook about the cakes.
I have filled it with cheap squared paper and added journalling and photos
Can you believe DD#2 made all of these beautiful cupcakes? Every decoration has been made by hand  :0)


This is a 12 x 12 acetate page that has been cut down and stiched to card. The photo at the front sits within the  acetate pocket and then behind that are other photos on mats that pull out.



I left this part flat too and just added an epoxy sticker.

 and there you have it! My take on the gorgeous new memory files from Heidi ........if anyone knows where I can get the real thing in the UK please let me know!!

Thanks for popping in,

Ali x

5 comments:

  1. WOW - this is amazing! I love all the great details! Super wonderful MINI!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so amazing!! You did a fabulous job with it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little project - I've got to find those products!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a neat surprise when you open it up. I am sure you wouldn't be able to put it down once you started looking at all those great photos.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you added anymore to this memory file, love to see Looking for inspiration for a new granddaughter

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it means so much. I read each and every one :0)