Translate

Saturday 17 March 2012

CKC March Challenge

Good morning from a wet and windy corner of the world :0(

My post today feels very sunny and reminds me of a very happy day so not all doom and gloom!!
The photo was taken on my 30th birthday, my Mum and Dad had a surprise party for me in a marquee in their garden :0) It's so long ago that DH even had hair!!!

I have discovered the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog and love it! I made up my kit last night but was so keen to get started I forgot to take a photo of all my bits (some very old and long forgotten!) I decided that I wouldn't make up a huge one as I think I would get bored - one of the reasons that I am not part of a kit club!!

My papers include Basic Grey: Archaic, Glitz Design, MME: So Sophie, Anna Griffin, Bazill: Denim and a really yucky pearlised yellow card!!!

Stickers are Basic Grey: Lime Rickey, the butterfly rub ons are the oldest in the land!! Buttons and flowers have been knocking about for years as has the ribbon! I can honestly say this has been one of the most satisfying layouts I have ever done :0)

So here is my layout using the sketch they have as inspiration for this month:

Misted using Cosmic Shimmer and Tattered Angel sprays, a bit of chevron stamping a la  the tutorial on CKCblog

really, really old rub on - looks like a stamp eh?

I love that ticket stamp (the other half is on the next photo) bought it from ebay ages ago and have never used it before!

GCD Studio chipboard butterfly covered in paper and distressed with acrylic paint
So, if you fancy rooting around for long forgotten treasures and putting them to good use, not to mention all the wonderful tutorials, skip on over to CKC and check out their loveliness :0)

DH has gone to watch football today in London, it's a corporate do so he will be gone for ages and I am sooo excited to be having yet another crafty day!! It's Mother's Day tomorrow in the UK so going out for lunch with my Mum and Dad, brothers and DH and then home for afternoon tea courtesy of my beautiful girls....hmmm, exercise on Monday methinks!!!

Have a fabulous weekend whatever you are doing and thanks for popping in,

Ali x

7 comments:

  1. Love it Ali! Happy Mum's day tomorrow! And I do love that ticket stamp - you used it well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful layout! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny! I started at the top of this post and there was just something about your style that made me wonder if you lived in the UK, only to find at the bottom that you do! I'm English, living in Germany so that made me smile! And we have a different Mother's Day over here so I always have to work harder to remember to send something over for my mum - enjoy your day! Anyway, welcome to CKC! Love love love your take on the sketch with the misting and the banner effect! You've done a great job of incorporating the older products in with the new. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!!! I love the misting and the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous-love the technique and style of this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is very eyecatching! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you did with the sketch!! All that misting and love the ticket stamp!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it means so much. I read each and every one :0)