Translate

Monday 30 January 2012

CSI Case File #4 'Explore Always'

Hello,

second post for today :0)

Again, I need to apologise for the quality of the photos but having waited for 3 days to photograph this layout I really couldn't wait any longer as the rest of the week is going to be busy, busy, busy!! So, just got to go with the rubbish English weather :0(

I loved this colour palette - hooray, no more purple!!! This challenge was right up my street as I have developed a real penchant for paint, ink and sprays.


So here is my layout:


The papers are from MME 'Stella and Rose' 6 x 6 pad. The Aqua acrylic paint has been combed to give the striped effect and then I added a darker green to make the teal colour. I misted with a yellow chalk mist and Twilight Blue Cosmic Shimmer spray. Glittered letters are from MME 'Lost and Found'

The leaf stamp is from WRMK - silhouette and detail stamps.  Stamped with acrylic paint and then Archival. I don't know where the crocodile came from, but I love him!

The frame has been cut with Spellbinders dies

The bird is another of those WRMK stamps and the little bit of fabric  brad you can see is from American  Crafts

The butterfly is yet another WRMK stamp set!!! The letters are Tattered Angels and have been swiped with an Aqua Paint Dabber. The circles are cut with Spellbinders dies.
I wish you could see this in real life as it looks so much nicer!!! Thanks for stopping by,

Ali x 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks amazing! I love the painted background! Sooooo cool! Really artsy feel to the layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great lay-out! Your journaling is awesome!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, love, love the paint effect of this!!! I will so need to try that. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it means so much. I read each and every one :0)