Translate

Sunday 23 October 2011

Sketches in Thyme Open Challenge for October

Happy Sunday everyone!

I am posting this really quickly as I am off to a wedding fair with DD#2 and her chap today (we tried to persuade DH to join us but he declined!)

My layout today has been inspired by a sketch over at http://sketchsavvy.blogspot.com/



This sketch shouted seaside to me so I thought it would be appropriate for another of the photos from our recent Turkish holiday :0). Here is GDG and me on the beach soon after we arrived. You can see it's the evening from the long shadows (including DH taking the photo!)

I used a grid stencil (not that you can tell!) and the Aqua Paint Dabber , but then decided to smudge a lot of it as it looked too uniform! The 'sandy' smudges are gold Perfect Pearls mixed with glue. The papers are My Mind's Eye 'Stella and Rose' (just found a 6 x 6 pad when I was looking for something else, and love them!)  All of the stamps are  from the Pink Paislee 'Nantucket' line. The floral stamp was stamped onto patterned paper and then fussy cut. 


This journaling was inspired by the recent video posted by Heidi Swapp on  My Craft Channel :0)

More Nantucket bits...love 'em! The heart has been die cut from acetate, alcohol inked and then whilst the ink was wet I sprinkled gold Perfect Pearls onto it - seems like a lot of effort for such a tiny piece but I really like it :0)
I have also got a few cards to share with you, all using Spellbinders, following on from a show on the craft channel we have here in the UK - my love has been rekindled :0)

My Mind's Eye papers and another of the acetate hearts.

The card was embossed with a circle mask and then punched with a MS Deep Edge punch.

Another MS punch matted onto silver card. The crown stamps are Tim Holtz and the sentiment stamp is Anna Griffin.
Unfortunately I can't tell you the names of the dies I used as they all come out of their packaging and get 'stuck' onto a large magnetic sheet on the wall!! If there is something you want to know specifically leave me a comment and I will get back to you :0)

Thanks for stopping by, have a smashing day!

Ali x 

4 comments:

  1. How awesome are these projects! Love the colors!

    P/s: Hope you had fun at the wedding fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your seaside layout especially how you smudge the misting. It is so summery feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So many great projects! LOVE all the techniques you've tied in to our take! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on that Sketch Savvy sktech..I lvoe her sketches!!! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it means so much. I read each and every one :0)