Translate

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Echo Park 'For the Record' Projects

I have finished Grandmotherly duties early for today and I feel a bit giddy at having extra time to myself! So guess where I am??? That's right, tucked away in my little bit of heaven!!
I have now pretty much used up all the collection and I am feeling pretty pleased with myself - so much so that I think it would be justified to do a little crafty shopping this evening!

So before I start showing you what I did I think it is only fair to warn you that this is going to be a photo heavy post!

So here is what I have left of the collection:




Not bad eh? I am not at all worried about the letters...you always need letters, right? Not sure why I haven't used them!!! The scraps will now get thrown, I just wanted to keep them to show you!!

So first thing, I made another notelet holder only this time using envelopes as I didn't have any more small paper bags.




I gave the other one to my Mum today, who immediately said, as she always does, why don't you make some of these to sell? They would go down a storm...lol!!!

The next project is a little journal. I keep meaning to take a week of my life and record it for posterity so that is what this book will prompt me to do....I hope!

I was running out of paper by the time I came to do the cover so it has been paper  pieced . The cigar band  is a piece of the solid paper with a border over the top.


The hearts were cut on the Cricut and stuck back to back.
The first page is there to set the scene and from then on there is a page for each day.







I put in a final page after Sunday's so that there would be space to add any additional journalling.


So finally, I managed to squeeze a few cards out of the rest:


Super simple. a flower border stamped with Thyme brilliance ink and then 2 of the stickers.

Black stitching, bird sticker and a rolled flower The stamp is a Fiskars one , stamped onto  one of the solid  papers.

Solid colour paper punched with an EK Success border punch and then a black  'stitch' line. Bakers Twine is attached to the plane sticker and then tied to one of the phrase strips.

The balloon sticker is attached to a Nellie Snellen die and then a Teresa Collins stamp has been put onto another sticker.
So that's it for now :0), sorry for the rubbish photos, the weather is very grey today. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Ali x

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! These are fabulous projects using Echo Park papers! You should go show them off at the Echo Park Facebook page or leave a link on their blog!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it means so much. I read each and every one :0)