Translate

Sunday 25 September 2011

Sketches in Thyme Open Challenge

Phew last one for today, I really do need to iron!

I love the open challenge as you get to see where the DT go for inspiration and I always find a new place to play! This time it was a blog called http://sketchsavvy.blogspot.com/ who provided this one. It's really unusual for me to choose something so 'busy' but I really liked how it turned out.



The photos are of DH and DD#2, birds of a feather these two, and great mates :0)


The papers are from Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby, the squares were all inked with Tea Dye. The 3D sticker is Anna Griffin. The border has been punched with a MS Deep Edge Punch and then run through the Cuttlebug with a flourish embossing folder. I used Coredinations Black Magic card so that I could sand it back. The little black circle has had a similar treatment except I punched the circle and then ran it through with the TH Bingo folder. Everything else is a stamped image from Pink Paislee's Daily Junque collection. A little bit of misting and some Stickles.

I like that it looks a little bit masculine but not so much that DD#2 looks out of place.

Thanks so much for stopping by, coffee now and then ironing............????

Ali x

5 comments:

  1. So lovely!!!! love the sketch and the pictures so funny and cute. The colors are stunning. Beautiful page. Thanks for playing with us on Sketches in Thyme.
    PS Thanks for you sweet comment of my blog.

    Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful, and I loved the pictures, so funny!!
    Thanks for playing with us at Sketches in Thyme!!
    Kisses, kisses,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. great take on the sketch, love the colors you chose! I feel the same way, love to see what everyone on the DT chooses for their open challenge, great way to find out about more sketch sites! =) Tiffany
    Sketches In Thyme

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun, and I adore the way you've played off the colors of your pics for your layout palette! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YIPEE!!!! YOu used SKETCH SAVVY!!!! LOVE !!! Your layout is FAB!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Sketches in Thyme!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it means so much. I read each and every one :0)