Translate

Thursday 23 June 2011

A handful of cards

Dear all,

my Mum asked me to make a wedding card for one of the ladies at her golf club who was getting married. Cut, stuck and delivered that one, without taking a photo...grrr, when will I learn? Then she asked for something similar as another lady was getting married but with no reference to love, mr and mrs or any other usual wedding stuff!!!! Long story :0)
So created this with my beloved Anna Griffin papers..........are they Cecile, does anyone know?

Used the Martha Stewart Ribbon Loop PATP set, but the largest mat was too big for the card so cut the 'ribbons' off and stickled round the edge. The topper was made on the Anna Griffin Lettering Delights CD and then stickled.

Having used so much of this paper recently I have got loads of scraps so made this little cutie for my Uncle who is into sailing in a big way. Aimi and I have done a Cricut Cartridge swap and I am trying to get round to cutting out some shapes! This boat is from the 'Just Because' Card Cartridge.


It still needs a sentiment added to it but I shall do that nearer his birthday. It also has a tiny little boat stuck onto the insert but I forgot to take a picture!

The next one is for my Mum's school friend Alex, she's lovely, and always sends beautiful cards and presents, so I wanted this one to special.

The cake comes from the Just Because cartridge but the candle has been cut out by hand as it was less faff! The flame has been stickled and Prima pearls adorn the icing and the scallop. Again this also needs a sentiment, I shall probably stamp and emboss something in gold.

Finally, another of my Mum's close friends, Margaret, came round for coffee last week and bought a bunch of my cards. She emailed yesterday asking for a 70th birthday card to be made for her old Uni friend who taught history and needlework. I put my thinking cap on and came up with this:


The photo makes it look a lot pinker than it is in real life. I used Webster's Pages Trendsetter 6 x 6 paper and added a doily.The bow is made from seam binding (that's the needlework reference!) and then stuck in a hat pin. The sentiment was stamped onto cardstock cut with a Spellbinders die and the 70 tag was finished with crackle glaze. The vintage theme is a nod to history, lol.
I am off to start a baby girl card and mini album for my darling friend Kirstie who gave birth to Amelia Alix yesterday afternoon......lots of pink! I will endeavour to share it with you all!
Ali x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it means so much. I read each and every one :0)